It feels like the scariest nightmare came true with out-break of corona virus or covid-19. This has not only shaken the world economy but also every human in the planet. No one is unaware of its deadly effects & destruction of lives it has caused all over the world, yet no one knows the exact way to stop it.
In our part, what we can do best is to ensure good health & take safety measures for ourselves & our loved ones. So here’s 5 ways to can fight covid-19 at home:
1. MAINTAIN PROPER HYGINE
One of the most important aspect of fighting covid-19 is maintaining a good personal & social hygiene.
- Wash your hands regularly & thoroughly with an alcohol based hand rub or soap water. This helps in killing germs & viruses that may be sitting in your hands.
- Make sure you & the people around are wearing safety mask & maintaining 1 meter (3 feet) distance between. This is because when someone coughs, sneezes or speaks, they spray small liquid droplets from their mouth or nose which might contain the virus if they’re affected & you might breathe in the droplets.
- Make sure you or the people around covers their mouth & nose with bent elbow or tissue. Then dispose the used tissue immediately after use.
- Don’t touch your face, eyes & mouth too frequently because your hands touch many surfaces & might pick up viruses.
2. EATING HEALTHY
Healthy diet & eating healthy is very important for the healthy functioning of human body. No food item can cure covid-19 but sure can boost up our immune system which helps the body to fight various diseases, infections & also recover & heal.
- Eat a lot of fresh fruits & vegetables. Combine them with (a) whole grains like wheat, maize, rice, (b) legumes like lentils & beans, (c) whole grains like unprocessed maize, millet, oats, wheat & brown rice. These are rich in valuable fiber & helps you feel full for longer.
- Include lots of animal protein like meat, fish, eggs & milk.
- Reduce your salt consumption. Replace salt & experiment with dried herbs & spices for added flavour & taste.
- Intake moderate amounts of fats & oils. Replace butter, ghee, lard with healthier fats like olives, soy, sunflower or corn oil. When cooking select low fat foods & avoid processed, baked & fried foods that contain tons of industrially produced fat.
- Limit the intake of sweets & sugary foods. Always choose fresh instead of sweet snacks such as cookies, cakes & chocolate.
- Drink enough water & stay hydrated. Water is very crucial foe good health.
- Cut down your alcohol & tobacco consumption.
3. CARASSING YOUR BODY & MIND
This is a difficult time for all of us. As we wait in our wishing for better times, we might interact with negative emotions, anxiety or even lathargy which might give rise to various mental & physical problems & also might affect our immune system which is our biggest warrior in this battle against covid-19.
Hence, follow these simple steps to ensure healthy mind & body.
- Keep a routine from getting up from bed to having your meals, doing other activities throughout a day & finally going to bed. Maintain proper time schedule & follow it every day to make your mind synchronize with your body.
- Listen to news only when you have to & only from trusted sources & channels, this will help keep your anxiousness in control.
- Talk to other people. Though you can’t be physically present everywhere but you can be in contact to everyone you love & care about through call, emails & social media platforms.
- All adults should engage in moderate-intensity physical activity at least 75-150 minutes throughout the week. Do a lot of muscle & spine strengthening exercises to ensure overall body strength & posture.
- Practice mindfulness & yoga foe better health of both your body & mind.
- Keep your mind engaged. Do whatever you love or whatever you wanted to do but couldn’t due to insufficient time. Now when you got plenty of it, you can explore all your talents & potentials & make all your homely dreams come true.
After all, what is the better time to explore your talents & potentials or get a new one than now?
Also, if you have any suggestions on how to fight these hard times let us know in the comment section.
You can also check our other blogs for awesome contents, inspirations or just for a binge watch.